Configuration of the Jupiter Server
The configuration of the Jupiter Server is kept in a XML file located on the computer installed with the Jupiter Server. The path and file name is
C:\ProgramData\Dentaur Pty Ltd\Jupiter Server\Config.xml
Configuration can be changed with a text editor or with the Jupiter Server GUI Config tool. After changing the configuration via the GUI or via a text editor, you must restart the service for the changes to take effect. This will assist in fault finding, should a feature not be working as expected.
The Jupiter Server GUI config tool displays the following information to assist with diagnosing communications problems between client apps and the Jupiter Server
- local LAN IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Current Network Connection Profile of the Jupiter Server
- Controls to add or remove specific Windows Firewall inbound rules to allow access to the ports for Clear and SSL transmission
- The ability to turn off the Windows Firewall, while trying to isolate and diagnose client connection problems.
- Numeric Text boxes to alter the port numbers that Jupiter Server will listen on.
- Visual status icons and text to indicate if SSL certificates are bound.
- The ability to turn off the port that is usually bound to a SSL certificate.
The status and expiry of the license for Jupiter Server is displayed.
The Server mode can be set to Production or Developer Mode.